As frequent readers will no doubt know, we are extremely excited about the upcoming launch of Boomerang Books’ new website on 1 November 2009. But what exactly have our developers cooked up for you?
Well, we can say that it’s an industry-leading online bookstore platform, and we can tell you how great we think it is, but sometimes, the features need to speak for themselves.
- It’s much faster – searches are completed in milliseconds
- The design is contemporary, slick
- Search results are presented in multiple formats, allowing you to find what you’re looking for faster
- New social networking features, including an RSS feed of ‘what’s happening’ on the site at any one time
- Smart Web 2.0-style gadgets, pop-ups and drop-downs to make your experience more enjoyable
- A new loyalty program called Boomerang Bucks. Buy books at Boomerang and earn Boomerang Bucks towards your next purchase
- Integrated with Google Books, allowing you to ‘look inside’ books that have been digitised by Google
- Integrated with Abebooks, giving you the option to purchase second-hand copies of selected books
- A new wishlist, where you can store books that you might wish to purchase later on
- A much-improved book review system, allowing users to submit their own book reviews and to rate books
- More payment options, including PayPal, BPay and bank deposit
And there are more improvements on the way!
So, thank you for all your support, thank you to our beta testers, and thank you for your feedback. We look forward to an exciting step forward, alongside you, our faithful Boomerang customers. 🙂