Colin Roderick Award shortlist announced
by Clayton Wehner - September 13th, 2012
The titles on the shortlist are:
- The Sons of Clovis: Ern Malley, Adoré Floupette and a secret history of Australian poetry (David Brooks, UQP)
- Alexander Macleay: from Scotland to Sydney (Derelie Cherry, Paradise Publishers)
- The Taste of River Water (Cate Kennedy, Scribe)
- An Eye for Eternity: The Life of Manning Clark (Mark McKenna, Miegunyah Press)
- End of the Night Girl (Amy Matthews, Wakefield Press)
- Foal’s Bread (Gillian Mears, A&U)
- Bite Your Tongue (Francesca Rendle-Short, Spinifex).
The Colin Roderick Award is presented annually by the Foundation for Australian Literary Studies at James Cook University and recognises ‘the best book published in Australia which deals with any aspect of Australian life’.
The winner of this year’s award will be announced on 19 October.
For more information, visit the James Cook University website.