Aussies line up for world’s most financially-lucrative literary prize
by Clayton Wehner - November 14th, 2012
Books by Australian authors on the longlist are:
- What the Family Needed (Steven Amsterdam, Sleepers)
- Estuary (Sam Bunny, Bay Owl Press)
- Spirit of Progress (Steven Carroll, Fourth Estate)
- All That I Am (Anna Funder, Penguin)
- Sarah Thornhill (Kate Grenville, Text)
- Five Bells (Gail Jones, Vintage)
- Foal’s Bread (Gillian Mears, A&U)
- Autumn Laing (Alex Miller, A&U)
- Cold Light (Frank Moorhouse, Vintage)
- Past the Shallows (Favel Parrett, Hachette)
- The Street Sweeper (Elliot Perlman, Vintage).
The shortlist is announced in April next year, with the winner revealed in early June.